We always need your support!
Coming to Lesvos
If you want to be part of No Border Kitchen Lesvos, you are welcome to contact us and come to Lesvos. We are especially looking for people who join us for a longer period. Generally we encourage people to stay a minimum of two weeks. Please write us a mail or call us before you are coming! We always need some people that can get involved in organizing the daily life but also we are more than happy if you bring new ideas and projects with you. We work as a group but encourage autonomy and independence of the people involved.
The situation is changing a lot, but if you contact us shortly before your arrival we can share more information on the situation in the island and answer practical questions like “How can I get to Lesvos?” “Where can I sleep?” “What should I bring?”.
Generally we cannot offer accomodation, but we might be able to give advise how to find a place.
Financial support for our work is always important, too. If you want to support us financially, please send to:
Sarah przybilla BIC: gibaatwwxxx IBAN at56 2011 1288 5044 2600 Reference: donations
Contact us for paypal or cash donations.
Please do not send money to the Rote Hife account Salzwedel anymore for the time being.
Some things are very hard to get on this island – especially for low prices. Others, like games, often can be collected as donations. If you are planning on coming here or you know someone who is and you would like to support us, here are some suggestions – but again please contact beforehand to see our specific needs at this moment!
- bagpacks (30–50l)
- cheap tobacco or cigarettes (for example from Macedonia or Turkey)
- all kind of kitchen equipment (pots, pans…), also smaller size
- Spices (especially chilli, pepper, curry…)
- Food (rice, pasta, lentils, oil, tomato cans, sugar, tea, potatoes, vegetables, fruits…)
- all kind of (power) tools and machines
- Used electric tools
- Working laptopsNOT
- Loudspeakers with batteries
- Phone charger
- Shoes for men (only winter and sports), good winter jackets, blankets. Everything needs to be clean and in very good condition otherwise its useless.
Please do NOT bring
- womens clothes
- summer clothes
- formal clothes (suits etc)
- clothes that are unwashed or in bad shape (have holes, are washed out etc.)
- children’s clothes
Generally we cannot take big amounts of clothes donations. if you want to donate clothes get in touch with another organization, for example Attika warehouse.