We always need your support!
Coming to Lesvos
If you want to be part of No Border Kitchen Lesvos, you are welcome to contact us and come to Lesvos. We are especially looking for people who join us for a longer period. Generally we encourage people to stay a minimum of two weeks. Please write us a mail or call us before you are coming! We always need some people that can get involved in organizing the daily life but also we are more than happy if you bring new ideas and projects with you. We work as a group but encourage autonomy and independence of the people involved.
The situation is changing a lot, but if you contact us shortly before your arrival we can share more information on the situation in the island and answer practical questions like “How can I get to Lesvos?” “Where can I sleep?” “What should I bring?”.
Financial support for our work is always important, too. If you want to support us financially, please contact us for the bank details. Please do not send money to the Rote Hife account Salzwedel anymore for the time being.
Some things are very hard to get on this island – especially for low prices. Others, like games, often can be collected as donations. If you are planning on coming here or you know someone who is and you would like to support us, it would be great if you get any of the following things:
- bagpacks (30–50l)
- cheap tobacco or cigarettes (for example from Macedonia or Turkey)
- all kind of kitchen equipment (pots, pans…), also smaller size
- water tanks that don’t leak (20l, 60l, 100l)
- Spices (especially chilli, pepper, curry…)
- small gas cookers and gas bottles…only if compatible with gas bottles that can be bought here also
- medical equipment (bandages, sterile gloves, compresses, wound desinfectant, sometimes basic medicine for cold, cough, pain etc.)
- all kind of (power) tools and machines
- Water pump
- Old car batteries
- Used electric tools
- Working laptop
- Old beamer
- Loudspeakers with batteries
- Board games
- (Single-use) razors
- Phone charger
- Old radio
- outside games
Please do NOT bring